OFSTED & SECTION 48 REPORTS
Our most recent Ofsted inspection took place in November 2012. We are delighted to announce that we were once again rated outstanding in every area, meaning we were pronounced an "OUTSTANDING SCHOOL". A summary of the report can be viewed below:
This is an outstanding school
- Students make exceptional progress regardless of their academic ability or background when they join the school.
- Teaching is outstanding. Lessons are planned to deepen knowledge and apply skills over a period of time. Students learn to develop their reading, writing and mathematical skills very well.
- Just occasionally, feedback in lessons and in marked books does not tell students exactly how to improve even further.
- Students’ attitudes to learning and behaviour are exemplary. They thrive as part of a small supportive community and develop very strong spiritual, social, moral and cultural values.
- Students take part in an outstanding range of activities after school, at weekends and during holidays. These increase students’ confidence, raise their self-esteem and prepare them extremely well for the future.
- The headteacher brings inspiration and a powerful sense of direction to leaders, managers, staff and students. They are expected to excel in everything they do. Senior staff and members of the governing body are relentless in checking the quality of teaching and the progress students make. The quality of additional support is also checked carefully to make sure that it improves students’ learning.
The full Ofsted report can be accessed here:
For further information about Notre Dame Catholic School’s Ofsted reports, visit
Section 48 Inspection
Please visit the dedicated page HERE